If Were Injured In An Accident Where The Driver Was Texting, Call Us.
If you have been involved in a car wreck due to the fact that another driver was texting while driving, we urge you to contact a New Orleans auto accident attorney at the Voorhies Law Firm. At our firm, we have professional contacts, including health care professionals and medical experts who enable us to build strong cases on behalf of our clients.
We are against driving while texting, and we firmly believe in recovering the maximum compensation possible in claims involving the worst possible form of driver distraction.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- One of our attorneys is a former insurance defense lawyer.
- One of our lawyers has been selected for inclusion in Louisiana's Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠, and as one of the Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 by the American Society of Legal Advocates.
- We gladly offer free consultations.
Dangers of Texting While Driving
Texting while driving is the most dangerous form of driver distraction because it involves all three types of distracted driving:
- Visual distraction – taking one's eyes off the road while reading or typing texts
- Cognitive distraction – taking one's mind off the task of driving while engaging in a text conversation
- Manual distraction – taking one's hands off the wheel while typing text
Texting takes the driver's eyes off of the road for approximately 4.6 seconds, which is equivalent to driving the length of a football field at 55 mph while blindfolded. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), it is reported that cell phone use was responsible for 18 per cent of distraction-related fatalities in America.
Each state has enacted its own laws regarding cell phone use and texting while driving. In Louisiana, the state enacted a ban on texting for all drivers, regardless of age or driving experience.
Were you injured in a distracted driving crash? If so, contact us today!
We urge you to contact a New Orleans auto accident lawyer from the Voorhies Law Firm if you were injured at the hands of a negligent driver who was texting while driving. We have the necessary resources and tools available in order to investigate your case, and we can explore every avenue for compensation, thereby pursuing as much compensation as possible.
To meet with our attorneys for a free case evaluation, contact us today at (504) 475-2455!